February 06, 2013

Suggesting & Planning my V-day look

I was busy yesterday, and couldn't read my so-called Daily reads. So I read them today,  some of theme were Lipstick Bandits posts. Their theme was V-day, and I was like "Why don't I try to suggest V-day look? Or plan mine?" This is how this post started.


What I used today


First, I prep my skin with moisturizer and lip balm. First things first, eh?

Clinique Evenbetter concealer Porcelain, and Nars Tinted Moisturizer Alaska
Then I apply concealer with flat foundation brush. Foundation bush tends to be broader/bigger than concealer brush, and that saves a lot brushing motion. And I buff my tinted moisturizer with buffing brush. By the way, it only has been a month since I started using these brushes, I am so in love with them. I feel so good that my hands get less messy. So I am thinking about buying a acrylic palette for makeup. Then my hands will be truly mess-free, without foundation and concealer.


Clinique Blended face powder Invisible blend

Once foundation is done, I powder them so that they are set. I brush most of my face except nose, around nose, and eye brow. There, I use patting motion with thick and big powder puff. These are oily areas where I want no grease on them.

The base makeup is done, so I move on to eye makeup. I prime my eyelid with Too Faced shadow insurance. While the primer sets, I selected shadows. This look is for Valentines day, "official" romantic day of a year. So I picked up pink and purple.

Laneige dual e/s ShinePink& Purple, and Nars e/s duo Kuala Lumpur

I used pink side of the pencil  for all over my eyelid, and cover it with rosy pink colour with gold shimmer. Then line with purple side of pencil, and lightly smudge it with brownish purple colour.

Nars Blusher Deep Throat, and MAC Lipstick Giddy

Fort my cheek I applied peach-pink blusher, and I picked up pink lipstick which has hint of coral in natural light.

So this is my almost-final look for V-day, I planned for myself.

Without glasses.


and this is my final look.

With my favourite glasses


Do you like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment