February 14, 2013

Winter skincare routine

I was seeking for good moisturizer from October 2012, and now I am settled down with some products. I no longer feel driness and itchness. Not only my hubby saying my skin feels soft and nice, but also my mother-in-law asked me what I am using.

So I am somewhat confidently posting this.
- Yes, they work for me, but not sure it would be the same thing for you.




In the morning, I wash my face with Garnier Moisture Rescue Cleaning Foam. then apply InfiniteAloe Advanced Formula Skin Care cream and Olay Complete SPF 30 Defense  for Sensitive Skin. (Here I used the Olay Moisturizer as a sunscreen)
Then apply make up, depends on what I like to use.



In the evening, I wet my cotton pad with Bioderma Sebium H2O to remove makeup, and cleanse rest of the makeup, dirt, and oil with Clarisonic Mia and Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Cleansing Bar for Face and Body. And wet my cotton pad with Clinique Clarifying Lotion2 to remove residue if they still exist. To misturize my face and neck,I apply TheBodyShop VitaminC Facial Radiance CapsulesInfiniteAloe Advanced Formula Skin Care cream, and Bio-Oil. 



In the weekend, I put BeautiControl Detox Spa Detoxifying Clay Masque on me. I still have few before-period acne, and I think this clay mask preventing me from breakout while moisturizing my skin. I also like to use Freeman Bare Foot Softening Foot Soak with Invigorating Peppermint & Plum. Foot soak is good for my health and heel. Also use this dermabrasional device I got from Korea. There are so many of them, but this one is cheeper! 


When I planned my routine, I was thinking...
  • I only need to remove natural oils in the morning, and moisturize my skin before makeup. Simple but effective products are needed.
  • In the evening, I need to remove all the makeup and residue and etc. My skin need to sleep and relax while I sleep. Remove everything, and rebuild moisturizing barrier. I wake up in the midnight more than two times because I feel thirsty. My skin shouldn't. 
  • Method matters. Massage everytime I apply moisturizer. 
  • I know full-bath and lower-body bathing is better than foot soak, but I want something I can continue in summer time as well. 


FYI, I attach a google map of the states and Canada. 

Can you see the little red flag? I am there! I live in the city where one can see aurora once a year, if one wake up at 04:00ish. I hope this would explain why my skin type varies from oily combination to dry combination, and why I was so desperately looking for a good moisturizer. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment