January 17, 2013

MOTD 2013-01-17

I have a dinner with in-laws today at local restaurant. Not a frequent thing that would occur, so I thought I would wear a make up for it. I don't work right now, so wearing a make up is totally up to what I like to do. 



There are what I used today.
- Nars Bronzer Laguna
- Nars Blusher Deep Throat
- Nars Tinted Moisturizer Alaska
- L'oreal Carresse Sunset Angora
- Almay Shimmer-i for brown
- Marcelle Browduo Dark 
- RealTechnique Travel essential 
- Clinique Even better Concealer Porcelain(VF)
- Clinique Blended face powder Invisible blend (I forgot to take a picture of it)
 
I applied concealer to around the nose, undereye, and tinted moisturizer to all over my face with the foundation brush. The concealer is lighter than my skin colour, but it is ok since I use it under the foundation. That lightens up some dark area before foundation, then the foundation sets on it when I blend it. 
 
I also put Vaseline on my lip to prep for lipstick. Caresse seems like moisturizing lipstick, but it doesn't feels like. It is not drying matte lip stick, but apparently not sheer moisturizing one. 
 
Then I powdered oily areas, and applied bronzer and blush on cheek. Powder is only there to set the foundation, and the colours I picked for my bronzer and blush is easy to blend and good colours for everyday. Well, at least for me. 

Almay shadow trio is gentle and nicely pigmented with proper amount of shimmer that doesn't stand out. My in-laws never said a good thing about celebrities with bold colour &sparkling make up, so I assume that they don't prefer that kind of make up. I think this neutral pinkish coral and brown trio with very finely grounded shimmer is good choice for this kind of meeting/appointment/dinner. Lip colour is picked in that sense as well. Vaseline should moisturized my lip while I apply eyeshadow and cheek make up. I removed the greasy ointment on my lip with pursing motion, then applied the lipstick. Light application of this product would balance the eye and lip make up.

As the final step, I fill the empty spots of my brows and brush them with transparent mascara. I love this browduo from Marcelle that has both brow pencil and clear mascara in one stick. It is just so convenient to use both edge with lesser mess on bath counter, and to carry with me :) 


This is my final look! 



Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. very natural and polished look!
    coral colors look great on you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natural and polished look! That's the theme of this MOTD :) I love brown colours on my eyes, but coral seems like THE COLOUR for me. I never failed a job interview with coral eye shadow. All the interviews I had were in Korea, though. Lol. Thank you♡

      Delete