January 10, 2013

Review: Spa socks

When I was in Toronto, I had no problem with dryness. I had oily to oily combination skill at that time, depending on the season. Now I live in Northern Alberta, and have oily combination for summer, dry combination skin type for winter, and just combination for in-between seasons.

The climate changed my skintype including hands and feet. I got bodyscrub and bodybutter from the body shop, and I love using them on my body and hands. Not on my feet. I just cannot stand or walk right after I applied the product. So I bought pumice stone, foot scrub, bubble foot soak, ped egg, and spa socks. I literally tried them all in nine months, and the best thing is this.

Spa socks!
It looked like normal bed socks in mint green. But it has more than that. 
Its inside is coated with gelled oils.  


Showing how it's coated

The moisturizing effect seems like good, but not great at first use; the results get better with time. If I wanted fast result, I will use Vaseline. But then, I need to get a steamed tower to wipe off the ointment after some time. Too much work for me. There is no fun like colouring nails. But this sock is much easier to *use*. Put the socks on, and leave it for half an hour. Put your makeup, read a book, or watch TV. And you're good to take that socks off and go. On the box, it says 30 minutes at a time, three times a week, and for three months. 
Supply for one quarter at coast of around $30CAD, I am very satisfied with this socks. 


With my favourite "slipper"

Some of you may not like the feeling of wearing gel-inside socks while walking. Well, I don't like it. So, this is what I do. I have slipper for my cold feet no matter how high the room temperature is. I am wearing summer clothing now, but that doesn't mean I am not wearing my slipper. This keeps my feet warm, and hold the socks when I'm wearing  the socks so that I can move and do vacuum, walk, run, whatever I like to. 

I am posting this because the socks is running out of oils inside, and that reminds me to post this and buy another pair. I'll get another one tomorrow for first quarter of 2013. 


Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. i've never seen socks like these. how interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fancy when I found it at local drugstore. I like its colour and how it works without disturbing my routine. "Moisture and rest" is the absolute best for beauty, but lots of things to do as married women, eh? =) I saw these on Sephora's website, but it's cheaper at local drugstore with same number of possible usage.

      Delete