January 16, 2013

Parcel from iHerb, and something from Drugstore

I got some notice card from Canada Post yesterday. Two boxes of Korean foods from my friend in Vancouver, and one box from iHerb came in. Since international shipping is either difficult or expensive, I prefer iHerb's FREE SHIPPING events =) I ordered them on 31st of December, and they came here today! It is not 7-business-day like what they said, I am ok as long as they come. 



These are what I got! Real Techniques Core collection, Travel essential, and blusher brushes! 
Most brushes of two collections are for face, and I ordered both at the same time on purpose. I love my beautyblender, but I am wondering what it is like to applying foundation with RT brushes after reading all the rave reviews. Some said stippling brush is the best, but I don't like to do the motion of stippling; it seems like the motion needs more patience than I have. 

Core collection has 4 face brushes including brushes that I will use for concealer, highlighter, foundation, and bronzer. The collection is designed as one Detailer brush for concealer, Pinted Foundation Brush to build custom coverage, Buffing Brush for powder/mineral foundation, and Contour Brush for contouring/soft-focus finish. But I don't think I will follow every single detail of what they are supposed to do :')

Travel collection is much simple package of brushes. One foundation brush, one multitask brush for all powder products, and one brush for eye makeup. It doesn't have concealer brush nor eye liner brush, but seems like most-needed pack of brush if I pack for a personal travel. I already have pack of mini brushes from Bobbi Brown, but they are somewhat expensive so that I don't want to take a risk of losing/stolen them on trip. I usually brought full-sized cheap drugstore brushes, but they sheds and left hairs on my face. I hope this set doesn't. This set is well-priced, and well-picked one. Brush for eye shadow is definitely needed for sure, face brush for powder ones is absolutely essential not to mention foundation brush. I am not sure about the foundation brush, though. Some are using the multitask brush for foundation, then how can I apply blusher and bronzer? 

That's right. I thought I need to mix these collections for my trip. I would like to make my travel package since I go for pleasure travel more than three times a year: in March, May,  and one time in autumn. When I ordered them, the idea crossed my mind and I was like "why not?" It was kinda advanture though, because I've never used them before. 

Whole sets feel very soft, and they are denser than my former travel brushes. Blusher brush which I ordered just because it is none of any collection is also feel great on my cheek. I like how it's shaped! It looks like Yachiyo brush from Nars =)

I think I will get starter set sooner later. 

I was little tired today, when I picked up my mails. Huge boxes came in, and I know most of them are for me, I should be excited for them coming. But I went to bed at 4am last night because I was so focused reading a book. After 4 hours of sleep, I felt tired but didn't want to go back to sleep. Instead, I bought something from drugstore. 

 
Almay shimmer-i for browns, Clinique concealer, and two of L'oreal Caresse lipsticks.
I already got Almay smokey-i for brown which I really like, and wanted to try this one as well. I like Almay's colour pick up for eye colours. Not like cover girl's line which is my tried-but-not-like-it, Almay's shadow set is both beautiful on my eyes and wearable for everyday. 
Clinique concealer is my choice after one month of searching for right concealer. I like that the package is in a pot and I can apply it with a brush that I can easily cleanse. Though I am not sure why the sales person recommended porcelain colour to me, I'm gonna try it. 
L'oreal Caresse seems like famous dupe of YSL Glossy stain. It was on 50% sale, and how can I resist to the price like $6.99CAD? Got them in Sunset Angora and Cardinal Plume. Hope they look like the original YSL Glossy stain on my lip XD. I love the colours in the pictures from google, but I am not sure what they will be like on my pale lip. 

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment