January 25, 2013

NOTD: Maybelline Auburn Ablaze

It's winter time and who doesn't like the warmth on their tips? In addition, I tend to wear warm colours for most of the seasons since I have yellow-base skintone. That's skintone-friendly colour choice for me =D


Maybelline Auburn Ablaze

This brownish plum colour is one of my winter favourite for 2012. It has hint of brown which is kinda good match to warm tone skin, and the plum colour is not really standing out which is the point that makes this products a staple. That means very wearable feminine colour to me, even with green long sleeved shirt. 

I picked up hoping for somewhat dried-blood colour. I live in a real small city where I have No Sephora, No Costco, No Sears building, No H&M, and No subway. Seriously. Also winter in this city is longer than half an year, and we had "feels like -42C" on 20th of January 2013. I heard "how the winter is like" before fall which seems like only 2 days, so I desperately NEEDED something to cheer up myself for upcoming winter, and purchased this without a glace on swatch of this colour. But this one is darker than my expectation. So after one application, I didn't like it. 

Whether I like it or not, grocery store I got this doesn't have refund policy for opened/used one from other than their own brand(e.g. Great Value at Walmart). So guess what? I gave this two more tries, simply because I didn't have winter colour. Back then, I didn't do much of colouring my nail. This is my first nail colour I purchased in Canada, and I didn't put many of my nail polishes from my Korean home I stayed for 2 years. I was sort of plain nail girl for months. In summer, I was happy with China glaze Yee-Haw and Jingle Bells. 

Anyway, I don't know what kind of magic the two more application did, but the colour is just simply adorable and suit for everyday, and that makes me sad that this is one of limited edition. =(    I guess I will buy a thinner sometime later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment